Town of Amherst awards paving tender
Amherst town council has awarded its 2019 Capital Paving Tender to Costin Paving and Contracting Ltd.
Costin’s bid of $579,159 plus HST was the lowest of the two bidders who vied for the tender.
The work will include the pulverizing and paving of:
- Abbey Road from Victoria Street East to Elmwood Drive
- Abbey Road – Spring Street intersection
- Taplin Drive from Agnew Street to the end
It also includes the asphalt paving overlay of:
- Dunlap Street between Rupert and Charles streets
- Fairview Avenue between Winston Avenue and Myrtle Street
- Senior Street
- Durley Street, from Lamy Street to the end
- Tantramar Crescent south of Weston’s Bakery to Tupper Boulevard
- The older section (93.5 metres) of Gladstone Avenue
Robert Angus Drive Asphalt Trail Expansion, from the Dairy Queen driveway to Church Street.