The Town of Amherst accepts the following forms of payment:
- Cash – Town Hall, 98 East Victoria Street
- Debit – Town Hall, 98 East Victoria Street
- Cheque – By mail or in person at Town Hall Payable to: Town of Amherst, PO Box 516, Amherst, NS B4H 4A1
- Online/telephone banking payments via your financial institution, using your 6 digit contract account number as found on your bill/statement. To set up the Town as a Payee, search your financial institution by using the information below:
- Royal Bank Tax – Amherst NS (town of) taxes
- Royal Bank Water – Amherst NS (town of) water
- TD Tax – Amherst (town of) taxes
- TD Water – Amherst(town of) water
- CIBC Tax – Amherst Tax
- CIBC Water – Amherst Water
- Credit Union Tax – Amherst, town – prop
- Credit Union Water – Amherst, town – util
- BMO Tax – Amherst NS town of tax
- BMO Water – Amherst NS town of water
- Scotiabank Tax – Amherst (town) taxes N,S.
- Scotiabank Water – Amherst (town) water
- EDI (Electronic Transfer)
- Credit Cards (Plastiq): The Town of Amherst also accepts payment by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, and American Express) for your Property tax and Water/Sewer bills for a service fee of 2.85%, effective May 8, 2020, formerly 2.5%. The service fee is paid directly to the third party credit card provider, Plastiq.
To access the service:
- Click on the PLASTIQ logo below and you will be transferred to a secure web page, where you will enter your contract account number, your payment amount and your credit card details to process the payment.
How will my credit card payment be confirmed?
The Town of Amherst will receive instant notification of your payment and will be posted to your account the next business day. For each payment you will receive a confirmation number.
Why is there a Service Fee?
Plastiq charges a fee to use their service. The fee covers payment handling and processing charges.
Is the Town of Amherst getting any part of the fee?
The Town of Amherst does not receive any part of the service fee.
For general information please contact reception.
Phone: (902) 667-3352
Fax: (902) 667-5409
Town of Amherst
98 East Victoria Street,
Hours of Operation
8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday - Friday